Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Animal Crossing Wii review   Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Animal Crossing Wii or 'Let's Go to the City', as it is know called. This is a cutesy little life - simulator that people of all ages can enjoy; even though it's highly unlikely anyone over the age of 23 will play this game.

The Storyline
It's pretty much the same as always. But for those who don't know what AC is all about, here it is;
You are sitting on a bus (driven by Capp'n) moving to another town, you can't see your own face. Then this cat called Rover (who will you see at the options screen right at the start) sits on the seat near you and starts asking questions, like where you're going and who you are. Obviously this is where you fill in your details (town name, your name). He then talks to you, where you have a choice of answers to give back. These answers determine what you will look like, so choose carefully!
After you get off the bus (and wince at how ugly your face turned out) you go to the town hall. Here, you have to talk to Pelly, the mail clerk, and she will show you on your map where there are available houses. Then you choose your new home. Tom Nook will appear, asking if you want the house. You do want it, and then he tells you how much it is... which is unfortunate because at the moment you don't have a bean... Fortunately, though, Tom offers you a job at his store. Hooray(!) *Long, tedious running about.* After you finished and Tom reduces your debt a bit, you are free!! Literally! You can now do whatever you want!

The storyline has stayed the same with all 3 AC games. But that's good. It's that good old feeling! And it's even nicer if you've never played an AC game before! 9/10 for storyline content!

The Gameplay
Time takes place in real life. Your main goal really is to pay off Nook's debt. There's a lot of it. To obtain cash, you can fish, catch bugs, sell furniture, rugs and carpets, sell fossils, shells, fruit...anything lying around really. Sell them to Nook, the shop owner. His shop will expand as you go through with life. There is lots of furniture to collect, and clothes and accessories! Here's the best bit; the City! In the city there's lots of new things; shoe shines that change your shoe colour, get your hair done, visit the HRA (happy room academy) go to the theatre where you get an emotion (it's 800 bells a ticket though) Redd's shop, the auction house, and GracieGrace, where you can buy a gorgeous bed the price of your 3rd mortgage. I wouldn't advise going to the city everyday though... it gets boring that way. Besides, GracieGrace only change their stock every season (3 months) so go to the city perhaps every month or so. Then again, if you want a different emotion all the time then going every week is good. 10/10 for great gameplay!!

What is there to do?
There are a number of festivals you can attend throughout the year, like fishing tourneys, bug-offs, fireworks, christmas, new years and halloween! There are also fleamarkets once a month where you can buy other animals' stuff for dirt cheap! You can also join in the flea market by putting unwanted junk in your house up for display! This means you can rip the animals off, hehehehe...
Then there's the lighter aspects. The animals may ask you to perform certain tasks for them, such as catching a bug or giving them a certain type of furniture. Animals may ask you to play hide and seek with them, which is challenging, but well worth it, and fun! Then of course there's the basic money making activities; fishing, hitting rocks, selling unwanted chairs...

New features
There are some way cool new features added to AC Wii. Well firstly, there's the city. (look, there's me!)

Hide and seek is a very new thing, not done in the gamecube version (i think...), Animals can now be seen drinking coffee in the Roost (the cafe), Able sisters aren't attached to Nook's, new hairstyles, you can change your face to a Mii, coloured shoes, new way of designing clothing, bell-point (cash point) X-mas, valentines and halloween is back, along with some Easter festivities,... there's so much to explore. I'm still finding new things everytime!! There's also online play, so you can get your friends to come on with you, and with new Wii Speak, it's even better! The auction house is a good online feature. Bonus points awarded!

[EDIT] Graphics and sound
Er...well, the music is the same as DS, the sound FX are similar, if not soundly improved. Graphics are considerably better than those of the DS and GC. As you can see from the pics. They may 'seem fuzzy' but they were taken from the in-game camera, which is a way cool feature!! The camera graphics aren't bad, are they?

Conclusion
This is possibly the best AC game yet! I'm very impressed with it! I shall give this a rating of...

*drum roll*

10/10 :face:

It's brilliant! I can't find anything wrong with this! I'd have put more features in (personally I'd have had the Roost made into a chain of coffee shops called Roostbucks!), but not having them doesn't make the game rubbish. And with a new keyboard made especially for the wii (by logitech), it's easier to write letters, instead of having to use the wii remote! Yay! If you own a wii, I definitly recommend getting this awsome game!
woohoo

Last edited by ravinrabbid123 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravinrabbid123

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 am

Antlion, here are the AC pics for you to upload to whatever it was. PS; one of mine has already been posted on my review. Use that too!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:41 am

OMGZ is that Caeser?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:58 am

*sighs*

You just couldn't resist slipping in that picture, could you? Rolling Eyes

Anyways, it's a solid review, but it needs work. Omission of your opinion on the sound and graphics is debatable (AC isn't about the grafix lyk) but I would've liked at least a passing mention. Plus, despite giving us a detailed overview of everything going on in the game, I don't get the impression of a proper analysis of the game. You need to inject your opinion into the article - 'cuz remember, it's a review, dammit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 208
Location : The Cuth Star, My army will destroy you all Inferior beings..
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 am

BradleyoxD wrote:
*sighs*

Anyways, it's a solid review, but it needs work. Omission of your opinion on the sound and graphics is debatable (AC isn't about the grafix lyk) but I would've liked at least a passing mention. Plus, despite giving us a detailed overview of everything going on in the game, I don't get the impression of a proper analysis of the game. You need to inject your opinion into the article - 'cuz remember, it's a review, dammit!

You just couldn't resist slipping in that bit of criticness could you? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravinrabbid123

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 am

BradleyoxD wrote:
*sighs*

OK, i shoulve put in my opinion on sound and graphics, so i will update my AC review later i guess...

But I thought my own opinion of the game was clear throughout my 'detailed' talk of activities, and i said at the end of the review that i "can't find anything wrong with it!"

But.... thanks for your feedback... anyone else can post theirs aswell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

If you do update it, then tell me so I can update the one on the site.
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Adam, the point in people posting reviews is so that jaded snobs like me can rip them apart. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ravinrabbid123

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:50 am

waaaahhhhh!!! bwadley's being mean!! Sad

I don't think I did so bad... after all it's my first ever huge review on a recent game! Mysims and the rabbids were just small game reviews... AC is BIG!! nd i still love the game!

BTW Antlion, I have updated the review. See to it it get's updated on the weebly site too, ok?!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 124
Warning :
1 / 1001 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 am

Hmmm.
Not to judge but you forget to mention the detail about the sound rate coming from @180Kbps to @320Kbps.
Not to mention the dramatic quality clean up, probably due to a cleaner recording software and hardware.

Other than that it is a half decent review.
Probably something ONM will use though...

I would give your review 6/10.

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am

Will wrote:
Hmmm.
Not to judge but you forget to mention the detail about the sound rate coming from @180Kbps to @320Kbps.
Not to mention the dramatic quality clean up, probably due to a cleaner recording software and hardware.

Reviewers don't usually mention details like that unless its for PC. The only thing that I don't agree with is the score, when I saw it it looked exactly the same as ACWW, and usually rehashes are worse...
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Will wrote:
Hmmm.

Other than that it is a half decent review.
Probably something ONM will use though...

I would give your review 6/10.

Razz

*sticks up middle finger*

You know full well i haven't a clue what you just said... scratch my review is just fine as it is now. call it crap if you want, but i think it's finished. so nya Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Wii review   

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing Wii review
Page 1 of 1