On The Spot.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Spot.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Empty
PostSubject: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 pm

I heard recently that experts are saying that recession in Britain will be worse than any other country in the world. Is this true? And if so, how is it possible? When the dollar crashed it almost became worthless, and I can't see Britain ending up as bad as that. Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 am

isnt it true that only people that earn over a certain amount get tax cuts?

thats unfair. poor people will have to pay taxes! rich(er) people wont!
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 am

It's probably because almost everything we have is imported. Everything in shops is worth less, but the cost to import the products has remained the same. And when countries we're trading with fall into recession, we have to import goods from elsewhere (read: expensive)... >_<
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:00 pm

We do need to stop importing though. Britain only produces 3% of its own food, most of our lamb comes from southern New Zealand, and imagine if the economy there crashed and they stopped selling us that lamb.
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 208
Location : The Cuth Star, My army will destroy you all Inferior beings..
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 pm

That would'nt happen. They need to sell Lamb to keep their econemy alive!
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm

SirAdamSugar wrote:
That would'nt happen. They need to sell Lamb to keep their econemy alive!

What if they needed to stop due to food shortages?
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:35 am

eat llamas.

you dont want to eat this!

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... Cute-lamb-small

look into it's eyes! it doesnt waant you to eat him No

eat these instead

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... UglyLlama

this one's practically begging you to kill it! Laughing

everything will be fine as long as we have enough rubees.... I MEAN LLAMAS!!

next week, i'll show you how to make ear muffs using discarded loo roll.
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:09 pm

*reads rabbid's lamb statement*

Now, come on, what makes llamas so different from...

OHMYGAWD!
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 6:03 am

so now Japan is heading into crisis...
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:42 am

Yup. There a welfare state (basically they never need insurance, the government provides it all for them) and they can't afford to run it proporly anymore. That is why japan will crash!
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:44 am

SirAdamSugar wrote:
Yup. There a welfare state (basically they never need insurance, the government provides it all for them) and they can't afford to run it proporly anymore. That is why japan will crash!

Japan won't crash!
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:48 am

Yes it will, they don't have enough people paying tax as everyone is only having one child so the government wont be able to pay for home insurance or pensions etc.
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:50 am

And there's nothing they can do about it, because Japan is cramped enough as it is. The Japanese only have enough room for three people approx. in each house/apartment.
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:51 am

Thats true as a tiny apartment in central tokyo will set you back $2 Million, no wonder they have small family's.
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 am

car companies are to be bailed out. why? cos they're on the point of going bust. why?

cos they make cars nobody wants/ can afford.

in america, barrack obama says that american car companies shall be loaned $52 billion,
but if they don't meet up with certain standards and cannot pay back the loan, then that's that. they're gone.

at least that's what i heard. correct me if i'm wrong please.
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:34 pm

That car thing is crazy. The US government know that the car companies haven't got a hope in hell of repaying 52 billion. Well done America, you successfully fucked up the car economy, this will have a knock on effect, we're doomed!
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 am

yep. toyota is getting a bit iffy now. their losses are predicted to be 1 billion quid! don't think anyone can bail these guys out...
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:05 am

It isn't the car companies' fault at all. The reason they're making thousands of cars despite no one buying them is because otherwise they'd have to lay off all of their workers. Car manufacturers are constantly making cars. They can't just shutdown their factories and tide this over - where does the employees' income come from?

Cutting down on the amount of cars manufactured on a weekly basis would also lead to job cuts. And considering a large percentage of North Americans work for car companies, the government can't afford that many unemployed citizens, even if only a small fraction of workers are laid off. The government has no choice but to bail-out the companies. I mean, it's not like the recession is the fault of Chrysler or Ford...
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 am

i'm not saying it is.

But some car companies are still laying people off. just a teensy percentage though...

any other recession news, people?
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:21 am

My post was aimed largely at antlion, who seemed to imply it was all the US' and their car company's fault. =P

Nothing new, apart from pessimists promising a dark 2009. >_<

I can't wait 'til the community of businesses release their figures at the end of the fiscal year (April I think). It'll be interesting to see how each company has fared.
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:23 am

ok then.

well, apart from woolies going, that's all i can think of that happened recently...
their shelving was worth loads!
Back to top Go down
tomas678

PostSubject: my undying luvxxx   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:20 am

i love millie!
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 am

Millie? What's that? A shop?

confused
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 am

*sniggers* What the hell?

You wouldn't happen to be...?

Never mind.

Back to the issue of this thread, the government has finally acknowledged that, yes, we are heading into economic recession. Yes, yes, I know that an economic downturn isn't officially a recession until the value of the economy has dropped so much, but that doesn't mean I need a patronising Gordon Brown reassuring me with "We're not in a recession really...". Jeez.
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:45 am

tomas678 wrote:
i love millie!
How wierd...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next