Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Review: Mario Kart DS   Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:25 am

Mario Kart DS

‘An instant Winner’

Not only is Mario Kart DS the best game in the series, it’s easily the best game on DS. It takes everything that was great in all the other Mario Kart games and perfects it. But what else makes Mario Kart DS so brilliant? Read on and find out…

Like in all the other Mario Kart games, you have all the grand prix cups to race through and also the four cups that have tracks from previous versions, you know the score. You’ll spend ages beating them all, and while it’s not too hard, you’ll enjoy every moment of it. One annoyance is that blue shells seem to come quite frequently; this was also a problem in the GameCube version which hasn’t been fixed in DS. It’s extremely frustrating to be ahead of all your opponents and just before you cross the finish line, BAM! A blue shell hits you and someone overtakes you. But still, the Grand Prix mode is still enjoyable and a great way to try out all the races and get used to the controls.

The best addition in Mario Kart DS is the wi-fi mode. It allows you to race 1-3 other Mario Kart DS players over wireless internet connection. Not all the courses are available on Wi-Fi but it’s only a minor problem. Actually racing against other people instead of the predictable CPU opponents is a fantastic change. Nintendo deserve a medal for starting their Wi-Fi service with Mario Kart, because it’s the sort of game that works perfectly with the feature. There are some cheaters on Wi-Fi, but if you encounter one you can just reset the game.

Another new game mode is the mission mode. There are a ton of missions to get through here, which can be fun for a while. Most of them are very similar; the boss fights normally require you to knock them of the edge of the arena by boosting into them. Some missions include: collecting coins, driving through hoops and racing an opponent. Overall, mission mode is only a small addition, but it can be extremely fun in smaller doses.

One of my favourite parts which isn’t normally mentioned, is the feature that allows you to battle CPUs. In previous versions, you could battle your friends as long as you had a few extra controllers. But in DS, you can also battle CPU opponents on 3 different difficulty levels, which is great when you haven’t got anyone else to play against. Its nice how Nintendo have implemented some of the most enjoyable multiplayer modes into equally enjoyable single player modes too.

As with other versions, Mario Kart DS supports multiplayer modes. Both single cart and multi cart modes are available and both are fantastic. Playing 8 player Mario Kart is one of the most enjoyable moments in gaming ever, and if you can’t find 8 people to play with, you can have a few CPU opponents to race in their place.

Overall, Mario Kart DS boasts fantastic multiplayer and single player opportunities. Wi-Fi is a tremendous addition to this classic series and Nintendo have made a superb game.

Last edited by antlion on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Review: Mario Kart DS   Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:27 pm

While I don't quite like Mario Kart DS as you do, this review is very good. Not amazing, but I liked it. 'Twould be nice if you gave it a score... =P

Gosh, I don't know what to review for this week. >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Review: Mario Kart DS   Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I did... whoops I gave it 9.3 on the site one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 208
Location : The Cuth Star, My army will destroy you all Inferior beings..
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Review: Mario Kart DS   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 am

This review and game are AMAZING. Head to On The Spot for more reviews!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 208
Location : The Cuth Star, My army will destroy you all Inferior beings..
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Review: Mario Kart DS   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 am

This review and game are AMAZING. Head to On The Spot for more reviews!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Mario Kart DS   

Back to top Go down

Review: Mario Kart DS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On The Spot. :: Get Involved :: Reviews-
Jump to: