Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Review: F-Zero GX   Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 am

F-Zero GX

F-Zero GX is one of the fastest games you'll ever play. The speed is incredible, whether you're blasting down a straight or going at daredevil speeds around sharp turns, it always feels incredible. And thats exactly what puts F-Zero a cut above other racing games, it feels great to play. There are 20 new, incredible courses to chose from (5 of which are unlockable) and the original 30 characters from F-Zero X.

The main mode in F-Zero that you'll probably play the most is grand prix mode. Initially, there are 3 cups to chose from, each one has 5 circuits that you have to race through. You get more points for placing higher in each circuit and you win by having the highest points at the end. Once you complete the cup you get space credits. The higher your rank is at the end, the more you'll receive. You'll also receive more if the difficulty level is higher.

You can spend your space credits in the F-Zero shop on more veichles and parts to make your own veichles with. You can also buy chapters of the story mode after you've unlocked them. You can customize any veichle that you've bought with stickers that you can make yourself or just use the ones that are pre-made. This doesn't really add much it just makes your cars look nicer.

An interesting mode that has been added is the story mode. It follows Captain Falcon's story through bad clips and difficult missions. The first tutorial mission is easy, but then it gets much harder. Even on normal mode it will take you ages to finish all the missions and on hard modes it starts to seem impossible. I like the difficulty of the missions because recently, games seem to be getting easier, although some missions are a tad too hard especially on higher difficulty settings. The clips in between missions are pretty bad, but make a nice change.

Most missions require you to beat your opponents, although they are much harder than the ones you race in the Grand Prix mode. In others, you have to reach the goal in a certain time limit, collect all the capsules, destroy another veichle and one I really hated, keep your speed over 700k/ph all the way through a long track. There's a good amount of variety and a high diffiulty level that will have you trying to complete missions for hours on end.

One big disappointment for me was the lack of CPUs on multiplayer. You can only have 4 veichles in multiplayer, which can be a combination of 2 human players and 2 CPUs, 3 humans and 1 CPU, or 4 human players. More CPUs may not have been included because it would've slowed down the speed. Theres also no backgrounds on multiplayer, again, probably because it would've slowed the game down. Despite all this, Multiplayer is very enjoyable and racing with friends is nearly as enjoyable as racing alone.

Another new feature of F-Zero GX is the addition of creating your own veichles with parts that you buy from the F-Zero shop. Better parts cost more money and are usually heavier. You can change the colour of each individual part and put stickers on them too. Each car needs a booster, a body and a cock pit. Its tempting to pick an A rank of every part, but this wil make the weight go off balance which will make the veichle uncontrollable.

There are 30 pilots and a few unlockable ones too, which have all entered the grand prix for different reasons. Theres the nice addition of the pilot profiles section which allows you to read a short biography on each individual character. Every character have their own music too, although they all sound very similar.

The graphics look stunning, and are the best on GameCube. Even at high speeds, the backgrounds, veichles and tracks look beautiful. Some complain that the graphics are only good when its going fast and still shots look bad. I've never noticed this at all and even if it were true, you're only still for three seconds at the start of the race.

Every track is extremely well designed and race results often come down to the last straight. For most of the track you need to be conservative with your energy and try not to crash into walls and other racers. You can steal energy off opponents by forcing opponents to retire with a spin attack. There are also energy pads which, when driven over restore a large amount of your energy. Races are always frantic, even on easier modes because you'll often be trying to break your top speed or best time.

One of my biggest complaints is the controls. Accelorating is fine, so is sliding but boosting is annoying. To boost you have to press Y, this is annoying because you have to hold A to accelerate all the time and pressing Y while doing this is finnicky. The controls can be changed, but its hard to find a button which is good for boosting.

F-Zero GX is one of the best racing games ever, and one of the greatest games ever. Sometimes, it can be hard but its so fun that you won't care. If you want an amazing racing game for GameCube bet F-Zero GX. Buy with confidence.

95%
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Review: F-Zero GX   Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:55 am

i totally love this game. we don't have it, but that's basically because it didn't work on our cube (before we got the wii) and so we gave it to you, antlion. you were there when we bought it, werent you??

anyway, it is good. one day, george, i will challange you...

TO A POKEMON BATTLE... no wait... AN F ZERO GX BATTLE !! HAHAHAHA!

and i shall win...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Review: F-Zero GX   Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

ravinrabbid123 wrote:
i totally love this game. we don't have it, but that's basically because it didn't work on our cube (before we got the wii) and so we gave it to you, antlion. you were there when we bought it, werent you??

anyway, it is good. one day, george, i will challange you...

TO A POKEMON BATTLE... no wait... AN F ZERO GX BATTLE !! HAHAHAHA!

and i shall win...

Thanks...

I'm not too sure waht to make of that reply...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: F-Zero GX   

Back to top Go down

Review: F-Zero GX
Page 1 of 1