Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: My Sims Wii   Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:50 am

My Sims Wii. It's a cutesy version of the regular Sims games on PC. I'll explain the story...

The mayor of a run down town [that you name yourself] invites YOU to fix it back up again, as you have the power to use things called 'essences'. Your main objective is to make the place better again. The town will have a rating (there's a star meter in the top left hand corner of the screen), and your job is to get it back to 5. That's about it. The story line is pretty weak. 4/10 for storyline

The Controls;

Obviously you use the wii remote. You use the nunchuck to move around (analog stick), you point and click with the wii remote. B button picks up essences of the ground. A is the 'use, talk, and whatever' button. Hold B on a tree and shake, essences fall down. When in the town and your house, the D-pad is used for camara view, when in your workshop, you use the analog stick for camara view. These controls are pretty basic and easy to use. Really can't get any simpler than that! 9-10/10 for controls.

Gameplay;

It's pretty fun. You get to make furniture for yourself and the towns people (you get to choose who lives in your town!) You find new people in the hotel every morning, and you choose where they go and what their house looks like. The amount and choice of 'blocks' (that you build furniture with) is very limited at the start of the game, but as you progress, you will unlock more and more.

New house blocks are also available when you get further. You can also unlock different areas of your town, like a desert and a forest. These are great places to explore, but don't get lost (seriously, I spent the night in the desert once) so make sure you set a marker on your map. You can plant various essences in the ground to grow trees and bushes with that essence on. The game time is not real time, days and nights go by quickly.

What are essences?

Essences are used to colour your furniture and wallpaper in better colours than the pre-given colour range. Again, the variation of essences are limited at the start, you need to unlock and explore different areas of your town. You can also just take an essence out of your inventory and use it as part of your furniture. You can find them on trees, in caves, in the water or under the ground.

How do I progress through the game?

To unlock different areas and get more blocks (and get a higher rating), you need to build things for the commercial people you chose to move in (one shop person already lives there). You have to talk to him/her, and sometimes they will give you a task to perform. These tasks involve making various things to get them back in business (like a pizza oven or a mixing deck) They will give you specific instruction, like what essences it has to have. Once you have given him/her what they need to start up again, (you have to do quite a few tasks for them each) he/she will give you a blueprint for a new piece of furniture or a decoration for your house. If you do these tasks for lots of the towns people, you will unlock a star. With each star you will get a tool that will allow you to unlock a different area, whether it's just a small cave to find more essences in (so you can progress even more), or a whole new area (like the forest).

Unfortunately, the gameplay gets VERY repetitive and will get boring if you have a low interest span. I give the gameplay 8/10

There are loads of little bonuses that will make the game a bit more interesting. You can dress up the townspeople in what you want! (yes, that means you can give the grumpy musuem guy a wedding dress to wear!). You will need a boutique with a dress up box, dress up cubicle or mirror. All clothes shops have different costumes that you and the townspeople can wear!
You can use certain items in your house. Most of them aren't really exciting, but some will give you a couple essences for using them. You can get different hair styles when you get the hairdresser.

Some bad news though... there's a lot of lag (technical term for slow). The loading times are painfully long, there are some slow reactions and lag whilst playing the game (my wii's disk drive doesn't seem to cope with the strain). I have looked on many forums and I have read that lots of people that own MySims wii has moaned about the lag, meaning this is a common problem and that it's probable that most disks are affected with this lag! The game can also freeze.
There are too many loading screens! It loads for everything! When you go in/out of buildings and out of areas and caves. This can put off a lot of people from playing it.
Oh, and the music gets annoying.

Overall, i will probably rate this game...

*drum roll*

86%. Considerably lower than what ONM gave it (a whopping 92%!!!)
this game is good, but is really for the patient. And for people that like small, insignificant life(?) simulators (like me, but ACWW is better)

Oh, and don't bother getting the ds version either. It's so rubbish, it's not worth my time to review it!

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: My Sims Wii   Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 pm

I thought it was a good review. A bit more detail would've been nice, but the main problem was the score. First, 86% is not considerably lower than 92%, and anyway ONM gave it 94%. The score did sort of reflect what you said in the review though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: My Sims Wii   Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:27 am

I put in as much detail as possible without spoiling fun surprises you find in the game.

oh, ONM rated it 94%? oops, my mistake. (but 86% would be consideranly lower in THEIR case, seeing as they're a bunch of [CENSORED]!!!)

glad you liked the review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sims Wii   

Back to top Go down

My Sims Wii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
On The Spot. :: Get Involved :: Reviews-
Jump to: