Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 30
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: OTS forum review - Forum Advertiser   Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:31 pm

First Impressions
I've noticed you have a nice start for your forum. I can already see a good future for your site from first look. So lets start this review off.

* Activity (Score: 3/5):
Like you had said in the post, your activity is a little small, but not bad for a start. But I'm sure if you keep on trying, your activity will grow much larger. So for now I will give this a 3 out of 5 points for your score.
* Template (Score: 5/5):
A very nice job on your template. I've never seen this template before, so I don't really know if it's original or not. But it still looks pretty original to me. I really like the look of it. For this I will give you a 5 out of 5 points for your score.

First Impressions total: 8/10

Site Layout
Now it's time to check out your site layout. So far from first look it's a great start. Now lets grade.

* Organization (Score: 9/10):
I've surely noticed that your categories are well organized. Just a couple of things I'd feel that could be moved. Like for example maybe the site advertisements would probably be better if it went on the main site category rather than the off-topic category beings there are boards for reviews and what not. So for this I will give you a 9 out of 10 points for your score.
* Index Length/Number of Forums (Score: 8/10):
Your index length isn't bad in my opinion, but like other sites I've told, you do have just a little more boards than usual on your front index page. I think it would be a good idea to try installing sub forums to kind of pack in the boards a little better. If you want to keep it the way it is, then great, but I'm just saying it would be good if you installed the sub forums mod. So for now I will give you an 8 out of 10 points for your score.

Layout total: 17/20

Style
This is what I really like about your forum. So lets see how well your doing on this part.

* Template Layout/Color Scheme (Score: 10/10):
You have a great layout and theme. Very nice looking. This is one great thing about your forum that I wouldn't see any improvement needed. So for this I will give you a 10 out of 10 points for your score. Great work.
* Logo/Images (Score: 7/10):
I'm kind of curious about your intention of the banner you currently have. Some people just like a standard logo with nothing special. But in my opinion, your logo could use a little touch up to it to make it look better. I bet if you use to proper tools you could probably create a great logo. For this I will give you a 7 out of 10 points for your score.

Style total: 17/20

Site moderation
Ok now it's time to see what kind of job your staff can do.

* Number of Staff (Score: 3/5):
Now another thing I'm still kind of wondering about is, if you're the only staff member or not and plan on being the only staff member. If so I will change the score, but I also think it would be good for you to get some more staff later on especial when you start getting more members. So for now I will give this a 3 out of 5 points for your score.
* Staff Activity (Score: 4/5):
I've noticed your posts aren't much but I do have faith that you are working hard on your forum which is better than posting, so for a long story short on this one, I'm going to go ahead and give you a 4 out of 5 points for your score.
* Staff Professionalism (Score: 4/5):
My impression for this part is that I feel like you do a lot of work on your forum like I said above. You seem like you are trying to do the best you can with this forum which is something I want to see out of a forum owner. So as for your professionalism goes, I will give this a 4 out of 5 points for your score.

Moderation total: 11/15

Site activity
Now on to the activity of your site. Lets see what you got.

* Posts Per Day (Score: 18/20):
Since you are just getting off the ground, I feel like your posts per day are doing pretty good for a start. You do seem like you are getting posts from the threads I've read, and I also like the fact that you were up front about your activity which I like. So I'm going to give this an 18 out of 20 points for your score.
* Number of Members (Score: 9/10):
You also seem to have a decent amount of members for the age of your forum which is good. And it seems to me that a lot of them are active at the moment than members that aren't. So for this I will give you a 9 out of 10 points for your score.
* Post/Member Ratio (Score: 5/5):
Like I had said above, your members do seem to post more than members that don't. So one good thing about your forum is that you do have a decent amount of active members for a start. So for this I will give you a 5 out of 5 points for your score.

Activity total: 32/35

Overall mark: 85/100
points for your score.

What could be done to improve the site:
Like other forums I've told, just keep on trying. Keep doing what you can to get your forum as active as possible, unless ofcourse you don't expect much activity out of the forum. You could also probably use another helping hand like a moderator or a 2nd hand administrator to help you with the work you're doing with your forum. Also I think it would be good to give your logo a nice touch up. Other than that, the site is looking great for a start. Good work.

What is the best thing you liked about the site:
I loved the theme you have. It looks very awesome and well done. I also like the fact that for a start you have a lot of nice members who do try to be active and post as much as possible. So anyway I hope the best for your forum and come back to me in a few weeks so I can review you again and see what you've done. Good look with your forum! -Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onthespotmedia.forumotion.net
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: OTS forum review - Forum Advertiser   Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:02 am

So, does anyone have any thoughts...?
Back to top Go down