On The Spot.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Spot.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am

oh... millie's a person....

still, a random thing to say...

Gordon Brown is planning to tax broadband.... AFTER he said everyone in the UK should have it!

scratch
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Number of posts : 251
Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 am

ravinrabbid123 wrote:
oh... millie's a person....

still, a random thing to say...

Gordon Brown is planning to tax broadband.... AFTER he said everyone in the UK should have it!

scratch

Well, that's ridiculous, charging people for using broadband, which we have to pay for every month anyway...

Anyway, you should make a new topic about it, don't be shy!
Back to top Go down
http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Number of posts : 208
Location : The Cuth Star, My army will destroy you all Inferior beings..
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:14 am

WTF? Tax on broadband, oh that is it. This government is pushing me over the edge. Here's my top 3 reasons:

Top problem(two part) 'It' (Gordon, lost rights to a name (in politics) in my eyes) fails to notice the problem with a reccesion is no-one has money to spend so what's his solution,
-tax broadband
-introduce VAT on children's clothing
And why? To raise 20billion per year to try and keep our economy afloat, surely it would be better if people actually had money, because all that this money will do is fill the hole in the banks pockets where normal people would have purchased mortgages, which they can't do because they are being taxed so darn much.

Part two: 'It's' unemployment stratagey has been one hell of a
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Fail
Why? He's paying all this money to the banks and businesses to keep them from making more people unemployed while councils are busy making tens of thousands of people unemployed, this is either the government forgetting the bigger picture, (again) or, dare I say it, a little conspiracy of sorts, the council needed to get rid of a bit of extra 'stock' and took the idea of the reccesion as the perfect chance to do this, so the government just 'accidently' overlooked it.

Part three: The damn war on terror;
Yes, the war on terror which brought terrorism to Britain and is costing us billions, I think you can guess my solution. PULL OUT OF IRAQ FASTER, STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Hold on, we can't, do you want to know why? Thanks to our little war on terror with America terrorists now hate us, so we can't pull in. We've been left with no choice but to fight.

Can our government do anything right?
Back to top Go down
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:47 pm

A sympathetic message to our government:

STOP FUCKING BAILING OUT THE DAMN BANKS, YOU MORONS.

*phew*

Gordon Brown's mistakes are making me want David Cameron even more - which is like the end of the world for me, because I hate that arrogant snob.
Back to top Go down
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 124
Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:19 am

tomas678 wrote:
i love millie!

good luck, you probably have a better chance than me.

Gordon is probably going to tax downloads.
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:13 am

Will wrote:

Gordon is probably going to tax downloads.
WTF??? How the hell is that possible??? You can't tax downloads because the internet is WORLDWIDE!!!
Back to top Go down
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :
Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 am

He will find a way!

MHA MHA MHA!!!!

Twisted Evil

no, really, it would be quite simple to tax downloads.
They just have to get all the ISP's (Internet Service Providers) to monitor downloads and for every download they charge you... let's say £5 out of your acount.

Simples, huh?
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:09 am

It would be too hard to monitor were the person who downloaded the file lives...
Back to top Go down
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:17 am

track your ip adress to your phone number to your adress.
not that hard, these big companys have done more complex things in the past.
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am

Have you seen how fucking unreliable IP addresses are? When Atari went around suing everyone, they based everything on IP addresses and most people were charged for illegal downloads that they weren't responsible for...
Back to top Go down
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 am

hmm, we do have IP changers now so,

We'll sue everyone in the country! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:35 am

Did Gordon Brown actually say he's going to tax downloads? I thought it was just for having broadband...
Back to top Go down
BillyBob
Active Poster
Active Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 am

Well I hope he does tax downloads.
Then it won’t be illegal to download off bit comet because you’re getting it for free!
Only joking.
Woollies are coming back, but this time on the internet.
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:42 am

Will wrote:
Well I hope he does tax downloads.
Then it won’t be illegal to download off bit comet because you’re getting it for free!
Only joking.
Woollies are coming back, but this time on the internet.

Seriously? And if so, why? If they went bankrupt why would they try again?
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:56 am

Yeah, i heard they were going internet selling aswell... why though? antlion is right, but woolies was around 100 years (give or take). Maybe they don't want to give up just yet. you know;

"if at first you don't succeed, try and try again" personally i'd just stop. I don't think woolies.com will work.
i mean, amazon's a pretty big competitor...
Back to top Go down
SirAdamSugar
Common Poster
Common Poster

Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Nope, they are returning but with only a few stores 'oop north'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...   Britain heading into the worst recession in the world... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Britain heading into the worst recession in the world...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2