On The Spot.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Spot.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING

Go down 
3 posters

Which Series?
Super Mario Bros.
Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_vote_lcap33%Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
The Legend of Zelda
Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_vote_lcap67%Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :
Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING Empty
PostSubject: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:41 am

UPDATE:- Due to the unresolved election, I will have to cut this short. Polls for the Super Mario Main Series will be going up on the Retro Gaming section tomorrow. You'll have this week to vote for your favourites, and then the votes will be counted up on Saturday. The Master List will go up on Sunday, which will contain comments from the onthespot staff members (i.e. me, antlion, SirAdamSugar, and ravinrabbid123). Send your comments to me and I will publish them on the site.

Don't bother voting in this poll. They won't count now.

Throughout the week, I will be updating my Mario retrospective, which will detail all of the main Mario games. Hopefully it will help you make your decisions.

xD

Top 12 Super Mario Bros. Main Series Games

The Super Mario Bros. Main Series consists of: first 3 NES games, Lost Levels, the 2 Land games, the 2 World SNES games, New Super Mario Bros., and the 3-D Mario platformers.
(I have included Yoshi's Island because it includes the World moniker and because it was included in the Super Mario Advance series of remakes on the GBA.)

How this'll work:

12/13 (depending on the series) polls will be posted onto the Retro gaming section, each with every title. You have this week to decide on your top 12/13 games, so you have time to play/re-play any of the games if you think it necessary. I did choose these two series because I think all of us here have played at least one hour of each. Once you've finalised your list, cast your votes and at the end of the week we will take the votes and create a masterlist based on popular opinion!

The way in which we'll decide will be based on points. If, say, Mario 64 was voted #1 by one person, then the game will earn 12 points. If it also gets a #2 vote, then 11 points will be added on to the 12, etc. etc.

Voting with multiple accounts is totally prohibited. =P

(I am aware of the fact that there are only five/six active users on this forum. This would be better with more people - but the only way we're going to attract more people is by actively doing things like this! It's also quite fun to see the results, and a good opportunity to test drive user-driven lists. Besides, I think the results will be interesting, as our opinions on both series' games are different.)

Last edited by BradleyoxD on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :
Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 am

Out of the zelda series:

1. LOZ OOT. (N64)
2. LOZ Minish Cap (GBA)

out of the mario series:

1. mario sunshine (GC)
2. yoshis island (GBA version) does this count?

ps. does new super mario bros. count aswell?
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Number of posts : 251
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 am

ravinrabbid123 wrote:
Out of the zelda series:

1. LOZ OOT. (N64)
2. LOZ Minish Cap (GBA)

out of the mario series:

1. mario sunshine (GC)

Yes it does
Back to top Go down
http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
Velico_94
Active Poster
Active Poster

Number of posts : 128
Location : Space. It's big. You may think it's a long way to the fridge, but that's just peanuts to space.
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:04 pm

ravinrabbid123 wrote:
Out of the zelda series:

1. LOZ OOT. (N64)
2. LOZ Minish Cap (GBA)

out of the mario series:

1. mario sunshine (GC)

Hey! The voting has begun yet! =P

New Super Mario Bros. is part of the main Mario series, so yes, it does. Yoshi's Island on GBA also counts, since it's essentially the same as the SNES original.

So, does anyone like/object to the idea? Feedback would be nice.
Back to top Go down
antlion
Common Poster
Common Poster
antlion

Number of posts : 251
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 am

Yes, its good, Mario and Zelda both have 50% of the votes
Back to top Go down
http://onthespotmedia.weebly.com
ravinrabbid123
ravinrabbid123

Number of posts : 279
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 am

i think this should be very interesting.

on with the votes!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING   Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Mario Main Series Games List - CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE VOTING
Page 1 of 1